On Tuesday morning, Vergara took to Twitter to let fans know now to “answer those idiots.” “Don’t send them any info,” she wrote. “We r after them [sic].”
Vergara has 14.5 million followers on Instagram, and posted vacation photos with her sitcom co-star Jesse Tyler Ferguson and his husband Justin Mikita recently, as well as with her husband, fellow actor Joe Manganiello. She looked to be having a great time — up until this latest incident.
At least one scam-style post advertising a free giveaway on her Instagram was posted as of Tuesday morning, but was since been removed.
Fans should be wary when the tone or style of a celebrity’s postings switches up — and especially when free giveaways are on offer that don’t have to do with the celebrity’s work directly.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time