In a series of tweets Tuesday, the tech billionaire said his comment calling British caver Vern Unsworth a “pedo guy” was “spoken in anger,” Musk wrote.
“His actions against me do not justify my actions against him, and for that I apologize to Mr. Unsworth and to the companies I represent as leader. The fault is mine and mine alone.”
The apology follows Unsworth’s remarks saying that he wouldn’t rule out legal action after Musk publicly accused him of being a pedophile.
Musk’s derogatory tweet was part of a spat between him and Unsworth. In an interview with CNN on Friday, the cave explorer said that the mini-submarine Musk sent to aid the rescue mission was just “a PR stunt.” Unsworth also said Musk could “stick his submarine where it hurts,” and that it had “absolutely no chance of working.”
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror