In a series of tweets Tuesday, the tech billionaire said his comment calling British caver Vern Unsworth a “pedo guy” was “spoken in anger,” Musk wrote.
“His actions against me do not justify my actions against him, and for that I apologize to Mr. Unsworth and to the companies I represent as leader. The fault is mine and mine alone.”
The apology follows Unsworth’s remarks saying that he wouldn’t rule out legal action after Musk publicly accused him of being a pedophile.
Musk’s derogatory tweet was part of a spat between him and Unsworth. In an interview with CNN on Friday, the cave explorer said that the mini-submarine Musk sent to aid the rescue mission was just “a PR stunt.” Unsworth also said Musk could “stick his submarine where it hurts,” and that it had “absolutely no chance of working.”
- Why House Democrats Refused to Save McCarthy
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Self-Silencing Is Making Women Sick: Essay
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time