Meghan Markle, the Duchess of Sussex, infused new life into a piece of classic British fashion when she sported a pale pink-nude sleeveless trench coat dress during an event to honor the life of Nelson Mandela on Tuesday in London.
As far as what royals wear goes, the Duchess’ dress is a relatively reasonably priced $823 offering from Canadian label Nonie, was a fresh take on what many consider to be a staple of British outerwear, the classic khaki trench coat, which was popularized by British brands Burberry and Aquascutum. Markle’s not the first to give the trench coat a dressy makeover; her pal Priyanka Chopra also sported a trench coat-inspired dress at the 2017 Met Gala.
She accessorized the polished look with a large clutch in a matching pink-nude, a pair of nude pumps, and some royal arm candy: her husband, Prince Harry, who wore a grey sports jacket, white button down, and khaki slacks.
See Meghan’s full look below.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve