Meghan Markle, the Duchess of Sussex, infused new life into a piece of classic British fashion when she sported a pale pink-nude sleeveless trench coat dress during an event to honor the life of Nelson Mandela on Tuesday in London.
As far as what royals wear goes, the Duchess’ dress is a relatively reasonably priced $823 offering from Canadian label Nonie, was a fresh take on what many consider to be a staple of British outerwear, the classic khaki trench coat, which was popularized by British brands Burberry and Aquascutum. Markle’s not the first to give the trench coat a dressy makeover; her pal Priyanka Chopra also sported a trench coat-inspired dress at the 2017 Met Gala.
She accessorized the polished look with a large clutch in a matching pink-nude, a pair of nude pumps, and some royal arm candy: her husband, Prince Harry, who wore a grey sports jacket, white button down, and khaki slacks.
See Meghan’s full look below.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now