Meghan Markle, the Duchess of Sussex, infused new life into a piece of classic British fashion when she sported a pale pink-nude sleeveless trench coat dress during an event to honor the life of Nelson Mandela on Tuesday in London.
As far as what royals wear goes, the Duchess’ dress is a relatively reasonably priced $823 offering from Canadian label Nonie, was a fresh take on what many consider to be a staple of British outerwear, the classic khaki trench coat, which was popularized by British brands Burberry and Aquascutum. Markle’s not the first to give the trench coat a dressy makeover; her pal Priyanka Chopra also sported a trench coat-inspired dress at the 2017 Met Gala.
She accessorized the polished look with a large clutch in a matching pink-nude, a pair of nude pumps, and some royal arm candy: her husband, Prince Harry, who wore a grey sports jacket, white button down, and khaki slacks.
See Meghan’s full look below.
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space