With Claire Foy’s two-season run as Queen Elizabeth II on The Crown at an end, Olivia Colman is set to ascend the throne on the Netflix series. And now, fans have their first look at the BAFTA winner as Her Royal Majesty.
A photo released by Netflix on Monday shows Colman—who is known for her roles in Broadchurch and The Night Manager—taking a cup of tea while decked out in the Queen’s signature pearls.
Colman will play Queen Elizabeth in seasons three and four of The Crown, which are set to follow the Queen from her late 40s to early 60s. She will star alongside Tobias Menzies as Prince Philip, Helena Bonham Carter as Princess Margaret and Ben Daniels as Antony Armstrong-Jones.
“I’m so thrilled to be part of The Crown. I was utterly gripped watching it,” Coleman told the BBC shortly after her role was announced. “I think Claire Foy is an absolute genius – she’s an incredibly hard act to follow. I’m basically going to re-watch every episode and copy her.”
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time