With Claire Foy’s two-season run as Queen Elizabeth II on The Crown at an end, Olivia Colman is set to ascend the throne on the Netflix series. And now, fans have their first look at the BAFTA winner as Her Royal Majesty.
A photo released by Netflix on Monday shows Colman—who is known for her roles in Broadchurch and The Night Manager—taking a cup of tea while decked out in the Queen’s signature pearls.
Colman will play Queen Elizabeth in seasons three and four of The Crown, which are set to follow the Queen from her late 40s to early 60s. She will star alongside Tobias Menzies as Prince Philip, Helena Bonham Carter as Princess Margaret and Ben Daniels as Antony Armstrong-Jones.
“I’m so thrilled to be part of The Crown. I was utterly gripped watching it,” Coleman told the BBC shortly after her role was announced. “I think Claire Foy is an absolute genius – she’s an incredibly hard act to follow. I’m basically going to re-watch every episode and copy her.”
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.