In a breach of protocol, President Donald Trump opened up about his private conversation with Queen Elizabeth II during an interview aired on British television Monday.
Speaking with Good Morning Britain host Piers Morgan aboard Air Force One on Friday, Trump said the Queen referred to Brexit as “a very complex problem.”
Heads of state do not normally reveal their conversations with the Queen, whom President Trump met earlier Friday at Windsor Castle during his first official visit to the U.K.
The British monarch generally remains apolitical, and the palace has remained silent on the issue of the U.K.’s departure from the European Union since voters chose to leave the bloc in a 2016 referendum.
Trump also said he doesn’t know if the queen liked him, but that he liked her.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This