In a breach of protocol, President Donald Trump opened up about his private conversation with Queen Elizabeth II during an interview aired on British television Monday.
Speaking with Good Morning Britain host Piers Morgan aboard Air Force One on Friday, Trump said the Queen referred to Brexit as “a very complex problem.”
Heads of state do not normally reveal their conversations with the Queen, whom President Trump met earlier Friday at Windsor Castle during his first official visit to the U.K.
The British monarch generally remains apolitical, and the palace has remained silent on the issue of the U.K.’s departure from the European Union since voters chose to leave the bloc in a 2016 referendum.
Trump also said he doesn’t know if the queen liked him, but that he liked her.
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption