In light of President Donald Trump’s trip to Europe to meet with foreign leaders, Jimmy Kimmel wanted to test some everyday Americans’ knowledge of the world beyond the United States. So naturally, he sent his team out to Hollywood Boulevard to ask random passerby to name just one country on a map.
“It’s imperative that America has strong relationships with and knowledge about people in other lands,” Kimmel said. “And that responsibility extends to all of us, not just the president. So we came up with a test. The test is very simple. We went out on the street and asked people who were passing by to name a country on a map. That’s it.”
Unfortunately, it appeared that the Jimmy Kimmel Live! team wasn’t able to find many people who were up to the challenge.
“Oh my gosh,” one participant exclaimed after hearing her task. “Shouldn’t I have been taught this in school?”
Watch the full clip below.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time