Promoting a new movie brings out the best in some actors. Consider the case of Hollywood golden couple Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively, who have turned their casual relationship banter into a social media art form. On Monday night, Lively shared the first promotional image from her upcoming movie A Simple Favor on Instagram — and naturally she turned the post into a subtle dig at her famous husband. Lively lavished praise on her co-star Anna Kendrick, who she called the “hotter, female(r) version” of movie star Reynolds. “So would it reaaaally count as cheating??” she joked in the photo’s caption.
Kendrick decided to play along. “So glad we’re finally taking this public. I let Ryan have Deadpool, he can give me this,” she commented on the post. (Reynolds is, of course, the star of the blockbuster Deadpool franchise.)
A Simple Favor, a mystery thriller based on the 2017 novel by Darcey Bell, isn’t in theaters until September 2018. Until then, it looks like there will be plenty of promo to enjoy, however.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World