Chrissy Teigen and President Donald Trump have had a long and complicated relationship on social media (at least, until the President blocked her on Twitter last summer) but that’s not stopping Teigen from commemorating his birthday with a gift that won’t soon be forgotten.
Teigen took to Instagram on Thursday to share how she and husband John Legend, as well as their two children, Luna Simone and Miles Theodore, would be making “Trump’s birthday great again.”
In a note post, Teigen detailed that she and Legend find the policies of the Trump Administration as it affects immigrant families in the U.S., to be “cruel, anti-family and go against everything we believe this country should represent.” She then announced that each member of their family would be donating $72,000 because of Trump’s 72nd birthday, encouraging her followers to make donations of their own, of any amount to the ACLU — now that’s a birthday gift that won’t soon be forgotten.
See Teigen’s full post below.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List