Jimmy Kimmel has proved time and again that he has no reservations about pulling out all the stops for a good prank. And during this year’s NBA Finals, the Live! host stayed true to his colors.
Before sitting down with Kevin Durant on Monday to get his take on LeBron’s next move, Kimmel revealed that he had sent his crew to Oakland for the first two games of the championship series specifically to mess with fans.
“While we were there, we had some fun with a Warriors fan,” he explained. “We were in Oracle Arena and our goal was to see how long we could keep a fan out of his seat during the fourth quarter. There was about a minute left in the game in regulation—Game 1, down to the wire. But this fan couldn’t sit down to watch it until he got this right.”
The Live! team’s challenge left the fan struggling to perfect a lengthy tongue-twister as precious seconds ticked away on the game clock.
Watch the full clip below.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now