Could Alec Baldwin go from impersonating the president to becoming the president? He sure seems to think so.
Speaking with Howard Stern on Monday, the actor, who won an Emmy for his Saturday Night Live portrayal of Donald Trump, said that he thinks there are a couple people who could beat the president in 2020. Stern had one specific name in mind: Baldwin.
“If I ran, I would win,” responded Baldwin. “I would absolutely win. I would 1,000 percent win.”
So why not run? “I’ve gotta do Match Game,” he joked of his ABC game show. And after using his Trump voice to say he would take all summer off as president, Baldwin once again asserted his strong candidacy. “If I ran for president, I would win,” he claimed. “It would be the funniest, most exciting, most crazy campaign.”
Watch the full video above.
This article originally appeared on EW.com
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction