Andrew Zimmern took to Twitter on Friday morning to mourn the death of his friend and fellow celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain, who was found dead in an apparent suicide.
“A piece of my heart is truly broken this morning,” Zimmern said on Twitter.
“Tony was a symphony,” he added. “I wish everyone could have seen all of him.”
Like Bourdain, Zimmern has hosted several series on the Travel Channel. Zimmern currently stars in Bizarre Foods. He and Bourdain crossed paths many times during their careers, and Bourdain appeared on Bizarre Foods several times. They also maintained a friendly professional rivalry, with Bourdain once joking in an interview that he resented Zimmern “a little bit because my daughter worships him.”
Zimmern then shared a picture of a pair of boots he had never worn because they were Bourdain’s. He also used the occasion to urge his followers to show kindness to others.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time