‘Treat Yo’ Self’ may be one of Parks and Rec‘s most iconic episodes, but Donna herself—who popularized the titular catchphrase alongside Aziz Ansari’s Tom Haverford—says she’s ready for fans to keep the line to themselves.
During an appearance at Vulture Festival 2018 over the weekend, the Good Girls star told Vulture exactly why she’s tired of hearing those three little words while playing a game of “The sh—, or nah?”
“I feel like they think that they’re discovering new land,” she explained after giving a ‘nah’ to fans who still say ‘treat yo’ self’ to her. “And I’m like…I hear it 10 times a day. You are not original.”
Retta also weighed in on some shows she doesn’t star in, including The Crown and The Real Housewives.
Watch the full clip below.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time