The internet couldn’t help but surmise that and Amal and George’s color-coordinated, dashing outfits worn so close to glittering tiaras and the heirloom jewels made the Clooneys prime targets for some heist movie fan fiction. After all, George Clooney stars in the Ocean’s movie franchise that sees Danny Ocean (originally played by Frank Sinatra) leading a crew to swindle “the take” from Las Vegas casinos.
Jokes that the Clooneys would swindle the British monarchy when they least expected it abounded. A number of users online cracked that George Clooney was about to go full Danny Ocean.
One user even wanted to know where Matt Damon, who plays Danny Ocean’s recruit Linus Caldwell was.
See some of the George and Amal royal wedding memes below.
But con artistry was just an internet fantasy. What the couple did accomplish was a memorably regal entrance to the festivities. The international human rights barrister made a splash with her sunny getup and Stephen Jones disc hat.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve