Following months of anticipation, millions around the world watched as the royal wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle went off without a hitch at St. George’s Chapel in Windsor Castle on Saturday.
Now, a photo of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex celebrating their big day is featured on the cover of a TIME commemorative issue.
TIME has covered the British monarchy and their royal weddings for the magazine’s entire history. Visit TIME’s archives to read more about the family Markle married into when she tied the knot with Prince Harry.
TIME’s royal wedding edition hits newsstands on Wednesday. Stories in the issue include Afua Hirsch on what Markle means to the world, Daisy Goodwin on the royal family’s much-needed shake-up and Tina Brown on Andrew Morton’s biography on the brand-new Duchess of Sussex.
For more coverage of the royal wedding, head to TIME.com.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement