The 65-year-old preacher quoted Martin Luther King, Jr. and referenced a hymnal sung by slaves in the antebellum South to talk about the power of love to change the world. Curry is the son of a Civil Rights activist who led a boycott into school segregation in Buffalo, New York.
Royal watchers considered the sermon one of the highlights of the royal wedding ceremony.
Read Rev. Curry’s full sermon below:
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022