The 65-year-old preacher quoted Martin Luther King, Jr. and referenced a hymnal sung by slaves in the antebellum South to talk about the power of love to change the world. Curry is the son of a Civil Rights activist who led a boycott into school segregation in Buffalo, New York.
Royal watchers considered the sermon one of the highlights of the royal wedding ceremony.
Read Rev. Curry’s full sermon below:
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization