Thanks to the resurgence of a scene from Spider-Man: Homecoming in which Captain America stars in a video Peter Parker is forced to watch in detention, Cap has emerged as Twitter’s new disciplinary hero.
“So. You got detention,” he says in the clip. “You screwed up. You know what you did was wrong. The question is, how are you going to make things right? Maybe you were trying to be cool. Take it from a guy who’s been frozen for 65 years; the only way to really be cool is to follow the rules.”
Now, a screenshot of the First Avenger laying down the law is making the online rounds—with a variety of hilarious captions attached.
“So,” reads one particularly well-liked iteration. “You ended up in the DC Cinematic Universe.”
See some of the best tweets below.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science