Thanks to the resurgence of a scene from Spider-Man: Homecoming in which Captain America stars in a video Peter Parker is forced to watch in detention, Cap has emerged as Twitter’s new disciplinary hero.
“So. You got detention,” he says in the clip. “You screwed up. You know what you did was wrong. The question is, how are you going to make things right? Maybe you were trying to be cool. Take it from a guy who’s been frozen for 65 years; the only way to really be cool is to follow the rules.”
Now, a screenshot of the First Avenger laying down the law is making the online rounds—with a variety of hilarious captions attached.
“So,” reads one particularly well-liked iteration. “You ended up in the DC Cinematic Universe.”
See some of the best tweets below.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State