Celebrities took to social media to share their condolences after Margot Kidder, the actress best known for playing Lois Lane to Christopher Reeve’s Superman, passed away at her home in Montana on Sunday. She was 69 years old.
Kidder, who portrayed plucky reporter Lois Lane in 1978’s Superman, as well as its three subsequent sequels, appeared in more than 70 movies and television shows during her lifetime, in addition to stage roles. Kidder was also a vocal advocate for mental health, in part because of her own bipolar disorder, something that made headlines in 1996 following her public disappearance.
Stars took to social media to celebrate Kidder’s legacy, applauding the work she did both on and off the screen.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022