One person was injured after an explosion involving a propane tank caused a fire at Soldier Field in Chicago, authorities said.
A 60-year-old man was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital and reported to be in good condition, police spokesperson Jose Jara told the Chicago Tribune.
The Chicago fire department received reports around 11:45 a.m. of a “situation” over a propane tank, which exploded and caused the tent the man was working in to catch fire. According to the fire department, the tent belonged to a sponsor of an Autism Speaks Walk event, NBC Chicago reported.
A video posted on Facebook by one attendee showed smoke billowing out of a destroyed tent.
The fire was put out by 1 p.m. and no further injuries were reported.
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023