Town & Country magazine has apologized to Monica Lewinsky after she said she was “uninvited” from an event that Bill Clinton was attending.
The magazine issued an apology in a tweet, saying they “regret the way the situation was handled.” Lewinsky tweeted on Wednesday that she was uninvited from an event “because Bill Clinton then decided to attend/was invited.” In her tweet, Lewinsky did not mention the name of the event or the host.
HuffPost reported Town & Country disinvited Lewinsky from its annual philanthropic summit, held Wednesday, where Clinton appeared to introduce Parkland school shooting survivor and activist Emma Gonzalez.
According to a Clinton spokesperson, Clinton was not aware that Lewinsky’s invite being rescinded. “President Clinton was invited to address the Town & Country Philanthropy Summit,” the spokesperson, press secretary Angel Ureña, said in a tweet. “He gladly accepted. Neither he nor his staff knew anything about the invitation or it being rescinded.”
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time