Pope Francis checks out a life-size statue of himself made out of 1.5 tons of cocoa, presented to him at the Vatican on Feb. 5. Needless to say it’s a far cry from his humble meals of skinless chicken, fruit, and salad.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving