The 2018 Met Gala’s theme was Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination, and celebrities provided exactly that. From Rihanna channeling her inner Pope to Lena Waithe’s rainbow pride cape, the stars were out looking their divine best. Black Panther star Chadwick Boseman was no exception.
Boseman arrived at the Met Gala clad in a white Versace cape adorned with crosses and tassels over a white suit and sparkling gold shoes. Needless to say, Chadwick Boseman showed up at the Met Gala looking like a religious superhero. Even Bradley Cooper and Irina Shayk wanted to get in on Boseman’s heavenly grace.
The couple, who, according to People, walked on the red carpet at the gala together for the first time, photobombed a picture of Boseman posing by himself. They, too, wanted to soak up as much as Boseman’s divine presence as possible.
After that run-in, Bradley had a moment later in the night to pose with him. Boseman, fellow Black Panther actor Michael B. Jordan and Cooper took a not-as-candid photo together at the gala.
A holy trinity if ever there was one.
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023