Playing off the night’s theme of Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination, the “No Tears Left to Cry” singer made her red carpet entrance wearing a Vera Wang ball gown inspired by Michelangelo’s “The Last Judgement,” a painting inside the Sistine Chapel in Vatican City.
“[It is in] the Sistine Chapel back wall by Michaelangelo. It is The Last Judgement. This is the painting I am wearing. I am so excited about my dress. I just love it!” Grande said in an interview with E!. “I am honored to be here. It is my first Met so I am really excited.”
The famed fresco covers the altar wall of the Sistine Chapel and depicts humanity awaiting their eternal judgment by God. It was completed by Michelangelo in 1541.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022