Tom Brady still can’t leave the house without becoming a meme.
Some of Brady’s male counterparts wore forgettable tuxedos, but the Patriots quarterback chose to capture the theme, “Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination.” To that end, Brady complemented his wife’s gold Versace gown with a Versace look of his own. He wore a black turtleneck under a black jacket with golden scrollwork embroidered on his lapels.
Bündchen said her date looked like a “cutie.”
But the piping detailing on Brady’s jacket served up some very irresistible joke material for the internet on a platter.
He wasn’t dressed as a magician or a ’90s Nicolas Cage villain or a bunch of other takes that quickly took over the internet in meme-form.
See below for a selection of Tom Brady at the 2018 Met Gala memes.
Brady also became a meme at the 2017 Met Gala when reporter Carly Steel, a legend on the sidelines, had an excellent to the kiss he shared with his wife.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time