Tom Brady still can’t leave the house without becoming a meme.
Jokes spread when supermodel Gisele Bündchen’s hit the 2018 Met Gala red carpet at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City on Monday night with a choice accessory, her husband the athlete.
Some of Brady’s male counterparts wore forgettable tuxedos, but the Patriots quarterback chose to capture the theme, “Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination.” To that end, Brady complemented his wife’s gold Versace gown with a Versace look of his own. He wore a black turtleneck under a black jacket with golden scrollwork embroidered on his lapels.
Bündchen said her date looked like a “cutie.”
But the piping detailing on Brady’s jacket served up some very irresistible joke material for the internet on a platter.
He wasn’t dressed as a magician or a ’90s Nicolas Cage villain or a bunch of other takes that quickly took over the internet in meme-form.
See below for a selection of Tom Brady at the 2018 Met Gala memes.
Brady also became a meme at the 2017 Met Gala when reporter Carly Steel, a legend on the sidelines, had an excellent to the kiss he shared with his wife.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement