Emilia Clarke might have been one of the few people in the mix at the 2018 Met Gala accustomed to embodying a queen on the daily.
The black and gold floorsweeping gown had Game of Thrones fans breathlessly bowing down to their true queen.
The portraits of painterly cherubs around her full skirt perfectly embodied the theme of the occasion, Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination. And of course, she wore a crown. She even highlighted her natural beauty with bubblegum pink blush.
If she was missing some accessories, it was her fire-breathing dragon spawn, but we can’t have everything we want in life.
See below as people officially declared the first Monday in May Dany’s coronation day.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State