Emilia Clarke might have been one of the few people in the mix at the 2018 Met Gala accustomed to embodying a queen on the daily.
The black and gold floorsweeping gown had Game of Thrones fans breathlessly bowing down to their true queen.
The portraits of painterly cherubs around her full skirt perfectly embodied the theme of the occasion, Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination. And of course, she wore a crown. She even highlighted her natural beauty with bubblegum pink blush.
If she was missing some accessories, it was her fire-breathing dragon spawn, but we can’t have everything we want in life.
See below as people officially declared the first Monday in May Dany’s coronation day.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Why It’s OK to Say No to That Party You’re Dreading
- COP28 Is a Business Bonanza. Should It Be?
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- Column: When India Was a Human Rights Leader
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time