Everyone loves Big Little Lies actor Reese Witherspoon — especially, it turns out, Reese’s candy (or at least the brand’s social media manager). One keen-eyed social media sleuth has uncovered a fun fact about the Reese’s Instagram presence: Witherspoon’s account is the only one that the beloved peanut-butter-cup maker follows on the platform. When this was pointed out in a shocked tweet alerting the public of this important information, the Reese’s Twitter was quick to respond with their reasoning.
“She has a great name,” they replied. Witherspoon has not yet joined in on the conversation about their shared moniker, but presumably she feels the same way.
While Reese’s (the brand) only has 100,000 Instagram followers at this time, Witherspoon has nearly 13 million. She also follows 452 people, predominantly other verified celebrities, news sources and at least one account devoted to dogs. She does not, at this time, follow Reese’s back.
Back in 2016, after Witherspoon shared a photo on Twitter joking about finding some Reese’s Pieces candy, the peanut butter cup account was equally eager to make good of their connection with the star.
Keep trying, Reese’s! She’ll notice you someday.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms