Warning: This post contains spoilers for Avengers: Infinity War.
The Avengers: Infinity War universe has expanded into meme territory.
Marvel’s franchise-crossing movie featuring everyone’s favorite superheroes officially had the biggest box office opening ever, which means many people saw the final heartbreaking scene. Tom Holland’s Spiderman looks up at Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) and says “Mr. Stark, I don’t feel so good” before he completely disintegrates into dust.
People are still reeling from this assault on their sensibilities, and so they’re concocting their own takes on The Disappearing Avengers meme to cope with their emotions. The memes feature people or things turning to dust thanks to a disintegration or a particle dispersion effect, typically captioned with the words “I don’t feel so good.”
It’s now become a source of endless fun for people to imprint the Avengers: Infinity War line on their own favorite scenes. The thrust of the humor comes from things that fade away, and it’s optimized for all kinds of pop culture moments.
See some of the best memes below.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now