Kensington Palace shared a sweet photo of Princess Charlotte of Cambridge to celebrate her third birthday. The picture — taken by Kate Middleton, like many of the official photos released of Princess Charlotte and Prince George — is actually a throwback, and was snapped earlier this year on the steps of Kensington Palace.
In the picture, Princess Charlotte is sporting a red coat with matching red shoes and a knitted pink scarf — as well as an adorable smile.
Kensington Palace shared a photo of Princess Charlotte on her second birthday, which was also taken by Kate Middleton at their home in Norfolk.
At just 3, Princess Charlotte has already had her fair share of royal duties. She was the bridesmaid at Aunt Pippa’s wedding, traveled to Canada in 2016 on an overseas tour with her parents and gave the most diplomatic of waves before going to meet her baby brother Prince Louis at the hospital on the day he was born.
In January, Princess Charlotte began preschool at Willcocks Nursery School, where core tenets of the curriculum include focusing on “literacy, mathematics, understanding the world and expressive art and design.”
Just like big brother Prince George and baby brother Prince Louis, Princess Charlotte was born at St Mary’s hospital in London.
Princess Charlotte is currently fourth in line to the throne and represents a significant turning point in the line of succession to the British throne. The princess maintains her spot as fourth in line, and was not bumped down to fifth due to the Succession of the Crown Act.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow