Welcome to the Breakdown, where each week, Neha Joy brings the chyron to the water cooler with quick dives into the essential corners of the 24-hour news cycle. Featuring conversations with writers and editors from Time, Fortune, Money and Sports Illustrated, here is everything you need to know to stay on top of the national conversation.
Here’s what’s happening on The Breakdown this week. Sports Illustrated editor Albert Breer discusses the high stakes for the 2018 NFL Draft. Reddit finance guru Vicki Robin shares her advice for Millennials on how to get out of debt and save for retirement. Senior staff writer for Fortune Beth Kowitt shares how Starbucks is handling its recent reckoning with racism at the corporate level. Plus, are youngest siblings really all that? What lies in store for the newest addition to the royal family.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve