“This is about the countless girls, women, boys, men, and elders all over Kenya and Africa who dare today are working to bring female genital mutilation and child marriage to an end,” said TIME 100 honoree and Kenyan women’s rights activist Nice Nailantei Leng’ete during the TIME 100 Gala Tuesday night.
Read Nice Nailantei Leng’ete’s full remarks below:
Correction: The original version of this story misstated the name of the group with which Nice Nailantei Leng’ete works. It is Amref Health Africa, not Amref South Africa.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World