“Four years on I stand here in front of all of you with a slightly better understanding, I think, of life and my feelings and the person that I am,” said TIME 100 honoree and Indian actress Deepika Padukone of her struggles with depression during the TIME 100 Gala Tuesday night.
Read Deepika Padukone’s full remarks below:
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022