“Four years on I stand here in front of all of you with a slightly better understanding, I think, of life and my feelings and the person that I am,” said TIME 100 honoree and Indian actress Deepika Padukone of her struggles with depression during the TIME 100 Gala Tuesday night.
Read Deepika Padukone’s full remarks below:
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk