The 2018 TIME 100 Gala in New York City was filled with global influencers at the forefronts of their fields. From Nicole Kidman and John Krasinksi to Carmen Yulín Cruz and Senator Rand Paul, the room was packed with luminaries from across the worlds of entertainment, sports, politics, the arts and business, all there to celebrate the annual list of 100 influential individuals.
Here are six of the night’s most unforgettable moments.
TIME 100 honoree Jennifer Lopez gave a lively performance
Shawn Mendes, another TIME 100 member, brought his hits to the crowd
Actor Millie Bobby Brown, a TIME 100 honoree, praised rapper (and fellow TIME 100 member) Cardi B
Sterling K. Brown, another TIME 100 honoree, gave a touching toast
Leslie Jones and TIME 100 member Christian Siriano Were Squad Goals
Olympic skater and honoree Adam Rippon gave a hilarious tribute to his mother
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List