The 2018 TIME 100 Gala in New York City was filled with global influencers at the forefronts of their fields. From Nicole Kidman and John Krasinksi to Carmen Yulín Cruz and Senator Rand Paul, the room was packed with luminaries from across the worlds of entertainment, sports, politics, the arts and business, all there to celebrate the annual list of 100 influential individuals.
Here are six of the night’s most unforgettable moments.
TIME 100 honoree Jennifer Lopez gave a lively performance
Shawn Mendes, another TIME 100 member, brought his hits to the crowd
Actor Millie Bobby Brown, a TIME 100 honoree, praised rapper (and fellow TIME 100 member) Cardi B
Sterling K. Brown, another TIME 100 honoree, gave a touching toast
Leslie Jones and TIME 100 member Christian Siriano Were Squad Goals
Olympic skater and honoree Adam Rippon gave a hilarious tribute to his mother
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow