High temperatures in Dubai didn’t stop droves of sci-fi and comic book fans from showing up clad in battle armor. At the annual Middle East Film and Comic Con, it’s as likely to see someone dressed up as Batman as somebody wearing a business suit. Although a multimillion dollar comic book collection gained the biggest buzz of the show, the convention featured tons of affordable merchandise, from Star Wars to Superman. For those who wanted to portray their favorite heroes rather than just own their likeness, there was even a program that digitally transformed con-goers into superheroes.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow