A human-like robot showed up at a pub on earth to freak some people out — and it worked.
The second season of Westworld, HBO’s epic sci-fi show about a theme park full of artificially intelligent “hosts” premieres Sunday, April 22. To get people pumped about the robot revolution, NOW TV built humans a new friend Fred, the “ultra-realistic” robot and planted him in a London pub where things proceeded to get strange. Like most Westworld “hosts,” Fred is a bit glitchy, and a generally ominous guy.
Unlike on the show, none of the pub patrons endeavored to use him for target practice or more indulgent pursuits. But it turns out Fred is a highly engaging conversation partner.
Watch below as people encounter the robot in this fun social experiment.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow