A missing 16-year-old girl whom authorities say was taken Friday by an armed man in Forsyth, Georgia, was found safe on Saturday after an Amber Alert was issued.
Authorities said the 16-year-old, Alyssa Cole, was taken by 19-year-old Steven Meyer. Meyer is Cole’s boyfriend, whom her parents told her not to see, according to an NBC affiliate. Police had said that Meyer may be armed with a 9 mm pistol that was found to be missing from the Cole home, and an AR-15 rifle Meyer owns, according to the network. Police said Cole left a message for her parents that she and Meyer were heading to Arkansas.
Cole and Meyer were both found walking in McDonough, Georgia, at about 2:30 p.m., a Monroe County sheriff told The Telegraph.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart