Vice President Joe Biden drew laughs from the American Association of Community Colleges Monday with a joke about sleeping with a community college professor — his wife.
Jill Biden, speaking to the convention, told the crowd that her husband “knows the value of a community college education–and not just because he’s married to a community college teacher.”
In his own turn at the podium, the vice president praised educators and said his wife “is probably right.”
“I think I’d have the same attitude did I not sleep with a community college professor every night,” Biden quipped.
He clarified, lest you believe otherwise: “The same one. The same, the same one.”
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up