Even the President of the United States has to cede the spotlight to the guy in the big bunny suit at the White House Easter Egg Roll.
President Trump took to the Truman balcony with First Lady Melania Trump to give his remarks at the 140th annual White House Egg Roll on Monday.
“This is a special year. Our country is doing great. You look at the economy, you look at what’s happening. Nothing’s ever easy, but we have never had an economy like we have right now. And we’re gonna make it bigger, better and stronger,” Trump said before briefly discussing military funding.
The Easter bunny‘s appearance at the White House Easter Egg roll isn’t new, but that didn’t stop it from sparking a ton of annual online fun. People watching the White House Easter Egg Roll took to Twitter to speculate what was going through the human-sized bespectacled bunny’s mind.
Is this balcony scene Evita with a twist or a brand new White House staffer? See below for all manner of takes in the form of Easter Egg Roll bunny memes on the internet.
There was, of course, fodder about some other characters in the mix too, but it was officially the bunny’s meeting.
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space