A video shared on social media showed the students protesting in Howard’s administration building while singing Rihanna’s hit song, an apropos music choice when you consider that the school has been accused of scamming students over misappropriated grant money, according to The Washington Post. The video, which went viral on Twitter, earned a co-sign from the Bad Gal herself who showed her solidarity by retweeting the post along with the flexing muscle and praise hands emojis.
The protest follows the publication of a now-suspended Medium post (cached here) by an anonymous blogger who alleged that university officials misused funds.
After the publication of the post, Howard University President Wayne Frederick confirmed in a statement on the school’s website that six university employees were fired as a result of misappropriated financial aid funds.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World