On Friday, Taylor Swift released a new visual to accompany her song “Delicate” off of her latest album Reputation. “Delicate” already has an official music video — it’s got a snappy 78 million views on YouTube to boot — but Swift is now leaning into streaming platforms, releasing a Spotify-only vertical video that plays on mobile within the app. Shot like an extended selfie in a single take, with Swift spinning around in a meadow in a wintry forest, it’s a lo-fi, stripped-down approach. But zoom in closely, and the singer provides certain clues about her relationship with British actor Joe Alwyn.
It’s all in the details, of course. Swift wears a warm coat, her signature red lipstick, and her hair cut in shaggy bangs. Around her neck, however, is a simple necklace. And engraved on the necklace is the initial “J” likely for Joe.
The two have been seeing each other since at least the summer of 2017, although they mostly keep their relationship out of the spotlight. The necklace also echoes a line in one of her other Reputation songs, “Call It What You Want.” On that track, she sings, “I want to wear his initial / On a chain round my neck.” One thing you can always count on Swift for: her songwriting really is a mirror to her reality.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now