The cable network announced that it would not be moving forward with the project on Saturday, citing creative differences as the reason behind the decision. “Due to creative differences, FX, Donald Glover, [his brother] Stephen Glover and Marvel Television have agreed to part ways on Marvel’s ‘Deadpool’ animated series, FX will no longer be involved with the project,” FX said in a statement, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
However, it seems as though Childish Gambino has a different take on Marvel’s motives. “For the record: I wasn’t too busy to work on Deadpool,” Glover tweeted on Wednesday before sharing 15 pages of a script for the series that includes his own commentary on the cancellation.
“Do you think they canceled the show…because of racism?!” Deadpool says in the episode. “Yeah, but all the writers were black. And the references were pretty black too. I heard they went over lunch budget ordering Jamaican food at least once a week.”
See the full script below.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time