The cable network announced that it would not be moving forward with the project on Saturday, citing creative differences as the reason behind the decision. “Due to creative differences, FX, Donald Glover, [his brother] Stephen Glover and Marvel Television have agreed to part ways on Marvel’s ‘Deadpool’ animated series, FX will no longer be involved with the project,” FX said in a statement, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
However, it seems as though Childish Gambino has a different take on Marvel’s motives. “For the record: I wasn’t too busy to work on Deadpool,” Glover tweeted on Wednesday before sharing 15 pages of a script for the series that includes his own commentary on the cancellation.
“Do you think they canceled the show…because of racism?!” Deadpool says in the episode. “Yeah, but all the writers were black. And the references were pretty black too. I heard they went over lunch budget ordering Jamaican food at least once a week.”
See the full script below.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State