Former Disney Channel star Caroline Sunshine is joining the White House press office in the role of press assistant, according to CNN.
From 2010 to 2013, Sunshine was in the Disney Channel show Shake It Up opposite Bella Thorne and Zendaya. Though she is best known for her acting career, it’s not her first job in politics.
Prior to this new role, the 22-year-old was a White House intern. She has also interned in House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy’s office, and has been involved in other various political organizations.
Her new job comes as President Donald Trump’s White House has seen a series of departures — in just the last month, Gary Cohn resigned from his post as Chief Economic Adviser, former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe was fired, and H.R. McMaster former National Security Adviser, and Rex Tillerson former Secretary of State were ousted from their posts. On the last day of February Hope Hicks, former White House Communications Director, announced she was leaving the White House.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World