While Facebook weathers backlash surrounding the Cambridge Analytica scandal and a #DeleteFacebook campaign, it also earned a sly diss from tech satire series Silicon Valley, which hid a pointed Easter egg about the social media giant in the opening credits of it season 5 premiere.
As the show begins, the Facebook logo appears on the screen, but flips from English to Cyrillic, a dig at Facebook’s widespread Russia-linked ads during the 2016 presidential election. While the Cyrillic letters don’t actually spell Facebook, the sequence bears a striking similarity to the English spelling of Facebook.
See the Facebook logo flip in the clip below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Cady Lang at firstname.lastname@example.org