TV presenter, journalist and socialite Peaches Geldof died at age 25 Monday, the BBC Reports. Geldof was the daughter of musician Bob Geldof and Paula Yates.
Police were called to an address near Wrotham, Kent after they received a report concerning the welfare of a woman there, according to the BBC. The woman — Geldof — was declared dead by the ambulance service.
“At this stage, the death is being treated as unexplained and sudden,” the Kent Police said in a statement the BBC reports.
BBC Newsnight presenter Laura Kuenssberg tweeted the following shortly after the news broke:
Geldof gained fame through journalism and television gigs as well as modeling. She had her first stint in media at age 15 with a column in Elle magazine. She has also contributed to The Telegraph and The Guardian.
Geldof has two sons and was married to musician Thomas Cohen. “My beloved wife Peaches was adored by myself and her two sons. I shall bring them up with their mother in their hearts everyday. We shall love her forever,” Cohen said in a statement.
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief