Many of the hundreds of thousands who attended March For Our Lives protests around the country came armed – not with weapons but with signs to protest gun violence.
Over 800 March For Our Lives events took place in response to the school shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, that left 17 people dead. Up to 500,000 were expected in Washington, D.C., and hundreds of thousands more at marches in New York, Parkland, and around the world.
Parkland shooting survivors also spoke at the March For Our Lives rally in D.C. including David Hogg and Cameron Kasky.
“We will not stop until every man, every woman, every child and every American can live without fear of gun violence,” Hogg said at the event.
Here’s a look at some of the best March For Our Lives signs at events around the country:
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms