1. This is why some teachers read novels to their math classes.
By Kara Newhouse in KQED MindShift
2. How much does artificial intelligence threaten national security?
By Jack Corrigan in NextGov
3. Changes to letter-spacing could improve children’s reading.
By Binghamton University
4. Your brain can ‘shut off’ the perception of pain when you’re hungry.
By Katherine Unger Baillie at the University of Pennsylvania
5. Want to fight crime? Plant some flowers with your neighbor.
By Marc Zimmerman in the Conversation
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism