In their first official visit to Ireland together, engaged couple Prince Harry and Meghan Markle made quite an impression after touching down in Belfast. Their trip to the U.K. territory included a visit to one of Harry’s own charitable projects, a program called “Amazing the Space” that encourages young people to “become ambassadors for peace within their communities,” as Kensington Palace puts it.
It’s a noble cause — but of course we can’t help but pay attention to Markle’s flawless fashion choice for the day as well. She may have chosen a simple skirt and jacket with a cozy sweater, but it turns out that the cream-colored sweater is by none other than designer and previous Spice Girl Victoria Beckham.
The former Posh Spice is a favorite of the royal family: she was the only one of her girl group to get invited to Prince William and Kate Middleton’s royal wedding back in 2011. Some speculate that the singer-turned-designer will also be receiving an invitation to Harry and Meghan’s big day, although nothing has been confirmed. In any case, by taking a page out of Posh’s design book, Markle kept cozy in the cool Irish spring — and provided a neutral palette for bouquets of gifted flowers to pop against while chatting with crowds before she and Harry stopped by a local historic saloon. Looks like she’s learning these royal photo op ropes quite rapidly.
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction