In their first official visit to Ireland together, engaged couple Prince Harry and Meghan Markle made quite an impression after touching down in Belfast. Their trip to the U.K. territory included a visit to one of Harry’s own charitable projects, a program called “Amazing the Space” that encourages young people to “become ambassadors for peace within their communities,” as Kensington Palace puts it.
It’s a noble cause — but of course we can’t help but pay attention to Markle’s flawless fashion choice for the day as well. She may have chosen a simple skirt and jacket with a cozy sweater, but it turns out that the cream-colored sweater is by none other than designer and previous Spice Girl Victoria Beckham.
The former Posh Spice is a favorite of the royal family: she was the only one of her girl group to get invited to Prince William and Kate Middleton’s royal wedding back in 2011. Some speculate that the singer-turned-designer will also be receiving an invitation to Harry and Meghan’s big day, although nothing has been confirmed. In any case, by taking a page out of Posh’s design book, Markle kept cozy in the cool Irish spring — and provided a neutral palette for bouquets of gifted flowers to pop against while chatting with crowds before she and Harry stopped by a local historic saloon. Looks like she’s learning these royal photo op ropes quite rapidly.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Raisa Bruner at email@example.com