During the opening monologue of Tuesday’s episode of The Late Show, Colbert gave a brief rundown of the ongoing controversy, explaining how Cambridge Analytica—a data and political analysis firm that has ties to Trump’s election campaign—collected the private information of 50 million Americans using Mark Zuckerberg’s social network.
He then aired hidden camera footage from Britain’s Channel 4 of Cambridge Analytica CEO Alexander Nix revealing that the firm was behind Trump’s infamous nickname for Hillary Clinton during the 2016 election, “Crooked Hillary.”
“Wait, wait! They made up Crooked Hillary,” Colbert exclaimed. “Coming up with demeaning nicknames was the one skill we knew Trump had. You can’t take that away from the man.”
Watch the full clip below.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow