During the opening monologue of Tuesday’s episode of The Late Show, Colbert gave a brief rundown of the ongoing controversy, explaining how Cambridge Analytica—a data and political analysis firm that has ties to Trump’s election campaign—collected the private information of 50 million Americans using Mark Zuckerberg’s social network.
He then aired hidden camera footage from Britain’s Channel 4 of Cambridge Analytica CEO Alexander Nix revealing that the firm was behind Trump’s infamous nickname for Hillary Clinton during the 2016 election, “Crooked Hillary.”
“Wait, wait! They made up Crooked Hillary,” Colbert exclaimed. “Coming up with demeaning nicknames was the one skill we knew Trump had. You can’t take that away from the man.”
Watch the full clip below.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time