Although George R.R. Martin fans may still have a while to wait until The Winds of Winter—the long-awaited sixth book in his A Song of Ice and Fire series—finally hits shelves, there’s now a new project from the Game of Thrones author to look forward to.
Based on Martin’s 1980 novella of the same name, Nightflyers is a 10-episode space horror series that is set to air on Syfy this fall and will chronicle a group of scientists’ harrowing encounter with an alien race 75 years in the future.
“Nightflyers is a haunted house story on a starship,” Martin explains in a first-look video for the show that dropped on Tuesday. “It’s like Psycho in space.”
The series will star Gretchen Mol as Dr. Agatha Matheson, Eoin Macken as Karl D’Branin, Maya Eshet as Lommie, Sam Strike as Thale and Jodie Turner-Smith as Melantha Jhirl with Jeff Buhler as showrunner.
Watch the full preview below.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This