1. Why the dry-cleaning industry is drying up.
By Allie Volpe at Racked
2. Did gerrymandering help polarize American politics?
By Peter Feuerherd in JSTOR Daily
3. Why didn’t environmentalists sound the alarm about natural gas?
By Bill McKibben in Yale Environment 360
4. How a long line of ‘worst-case scenarios’ at Facebook put our privacy at risk.
By Josh Constine in TechCrunch
5. There’s another opioid crisis: Shortages are causing medical mistakes and unmanaged pain.
By Pauline Bartolone at Kaiser Health News
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement