Katy Perry found herself addressing her seeming feud with Taylor Swift yet again during Sunday night’s episode of American Idol after a contestant confessed that his musical idol was not Perry, but Swift.
“I’m sorry for this, Katy,” he said. “Taylor Swift. I love Taylor Swift.”
Perry took it in stride, tactly telling the contestant that she appreciated Swift’s musical talent.
“Oh, you don’t have to be sorry,” Perry said. “I love her as a songwriter as well.”
Perry, a celebrity judge on the singing television show, has spoken out often about her alleged feud with fellow pop princess Taylor Swift, including telling Ariana Huffington last year on the Thrive Global Podcast that she was “ready to let it go” and “forgive” Swift.
Perry’s time on American Idol has already been eventful; she notably gave one contestant his first kiss during his audition, an experience he said was “uncomfortable.”
- Yes, Climate Change Is Making Storms Like Hurricane Ian Worse
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future