Tommy Wiseau might be best known for creating, directing and starring in accidental cult classic The Room, but this notorious aspiring multi-hyphenate has his sights set on a new, sinister role: The Joker.
Although Joaquin Phoenix is reportedly playing the infamous villain in an upcoming prequel film, Wiseau made his bid to play the Joker with an official audition tape that he created with Nerdist.
In the clip, Wiseau recites notable lines from previous Joker film appearances like Jack Nicholson (“Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?”) and Heath Ledger (“What doesn’t kill you makes you stranger” and “Why so serious?”) while attired in a full face of Joker-esque makeup and an outfit fit for Batman’s evil nemesis.
While Wiseau’s audition may not net him the Joker role, it’s definitely worth a watch. See the full clip below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Cady Lang at email@example.com